Newcomers offers activities for a variety of interests and always welcomes member suggestions for new activities or events. Many activities are hosted in a member’s home providing an intimate space to get acquainted or catch up with friends.
- Arts for the Heart — Organized trips to enjoy all forms of local art are offered. Trips have included museums, performing arts, architectural tours and historic buildings.
- Book Club — Monthly meetings to discuss member selected books and share a potluck salad bar. On a few occasions we have been fortunate to have authors address the group.
- Movies R Us — Bi-monthly, a movie and a theater is selected for member viewing. Following the early afternoon matinee, the group meets for coffee to discuss the movie.
Wine and Dine
- Lunch Bunch — Monthly outings to try local restaurants and learn more about what Newport Beach has to offer. Restaurants include old favorites as well as new openings in the area.
- Menu Madness — Monthly member/chef selected and demonstrated recipes over cocktails and snacks. Not only a great time to socialize but great tips to help in the kitchen or entertaining are discussed.
- Happy Hour — Monthly outings to local watering holes with members and significant others. Great time to socialize and enjoy the happy hour food and beverage menus of our many local bars and cafes.
- Fermented Friday — Monthly social gathering in a member’s home. Come with your significant other or alone for a couple of hours of fun and conversation. Bring your favorite beverage and an hors d’oeuvre to share with your friends.
- Coffee Klatch — Monthly casual gathering to catch up with friends while sipping a cup of coffee. We meet for an hour of chit chat at one of the many cafés in Newport Beach.
- Walking Newport and the Islands — Weekly there are walks around Balboa Island to enjoy the outdoors and get those steps counted with your friends. Other beach walks, regional parks and trail hikes are organized to get back to nature and enjoy the paradise we call home.
- Mah Jongg (American) — Weekly games are conducted for experienced and new players. If you are experienced, we have a group for you and if you want to learn, we have a group for that too.
- Meetings and Events — Member meetings give you the opportunity to hear local professionals on topics that affect you. Past topics have included health and safety professionals as well as authors living in Southern California. Other events allow us to celebrate seasonal holidays and each other as a special group of women.
- Special Events — These are parties for members and significant others that allow you to get out and wine and dine and dress up or dress down depending on the theme.